Tuesday 24 September 2013

twenty-something

When my friends turned twenty they were all horrified. Apparently their twenties marked the end of their youth, that they were forever tied to 9 to 5 and anti-wrinkle creams. I, on the other hand, was oh so terribly excited. I couldn't wait to swan around London, with a fabulously chic job as a columnist, drifting from one cocktail bar to the other. Reality soon caught up with me and I quickly came to the realisation that that wasn't going to happen straight away. 

Fast forward two years. I am sitting on my sofa having just eaten a "Delicious and Nutritious" Marks and Spencer's take away (which for the record, really is delicious) sipping on a gin and tonic. It is my evening off from work- I am too exhausted to be swanning around cocktails bars in London. Reality has caught up with me. 

I am calling this year a sandwich year. My job has nothing to do with what I want to become- I work at a girls boarding school- but I love it nonetheless. When holidays and exeats come around I intend to travel from place to place finding hidden gems to share with you. I might even throw in a few delicious, but definitely not nutritious, recipes too. We all like a bit of naughtiness once in a while..

So as I settle down with my G&T and the obligatory Colin Firth film, I drink to an exciting year and an exciting decade too.

Keep reading... 

No comments:

Post a Comment