Wednesday 27 November 2013

magic and sparkle

The party season is nearly upon us and I couldn't be more excited. Collectively I have approximately no invitations thus far, but it is still early and I am ever the optimist and am assuming there will be a last minute flurry of excitement... If not I'm sure my parents will take pity and bring me along to their drinks and dinner parties. 

I have organised a NYE shindig at mine for my nearest and dearest and this has certainly got me in the mindset for Christmas excess and frivolity. First things first, decorating your house and home. Whether it's a strict colour scheme or completely chintz, your home is the number one place to go wild with creativity. I have an ongoing battle with my brother regarding who is going to get the Christmas decorations. Forget the house and the jewels, we're battling it out for the baubles and decs. It's a very serious matter. 

To help you out, here are a few of my favourite things so far. 

   

   

   

   

   

   

Of course I am biased but I'm pretty convinced my house is the best when it comes to dressing itself up in its finery. Not only is the tree dripping with cute wooden decorations, frosted apple slices and a red coat to warm its feet, we drape the house in holly and ivy and have a jingle bell wreath across the door.


                

               



Oh and a LOT of mistletoe. Cheeky. 


                



                               Pucker up! 


   


     

Christmas is a huge holiday to cover in one post so I'll provide you with another in the coming weeks. Maybe the country will be covered in a white blanket in the next few weeks too..? 

                

                




Shake a tail feather, the party season is here!





L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment