Sunday 15 June 2014

sunny portobello

Like the girls at school, this is my final exeat before the end of term. I can't believe how quickly the year has gone by, and I know everyone says this, but it's so true! This Saturday the gang and I packed our bags and set sail towards Portobello Market. 

                   


I am a huuuge fan of Notting Hill and I've always said, should I bring up a family in London, I'd make sure it was in one of those beautiful white houses with topiary outside my door and a sunny cafe on the corner... I live and dream. 

   

                   

I think this is the prettiest little house ever! 

Portobello Market might also be one of my favourite places in London. After a night of dancing on the tables, you can come here for a good old rummage through silverware, old books, the best fresh produce on offer and flowers to make you go weak at the knees. It is the perfect antidote for a Friday night overload. Plus it is full of foodie delights. 

   

   

                   

                   

Hear hear! 

                   

                   

                   

   

Perfectly mis-shaped but perfectly sweet peaches.

   

                  

I think I want to be wrapped up in peonies. There's just nothing better! Feel free to woo me with a big ol' bunch of these, boyz. 

                  

Ok, so what I'm about to tell you is a secret so...shhhhh! I'll whisper it to you... I'm not sure it's going to stay a secret for long though, because it's just too.damn.good. (Praise and gratitude goes 100% to The Londoner (www.thelondoner.me) for this find, and Sarah for dragging us to the not so nice end of Portobello. 

Sarah was brought up in Brazil and she is a cracker to find fresh seafood with. It would be shellfish not to share this with you...

   

Don't be put off by the shackalack exterior. It may not be the best looking place in town but boy does it serve a beauty of a meal. And it's cheap as chips! Whole sea bass, tuna steaks, calamari, killer tiger prawns all for £7!! 

Sarah went for sea bass, I went for calamari. 

                 

                 

                 

We made friends with this charming man. He even blew us a kiss when we left. Go even just to flutter your eye lashes. 

                 

It's very authentic and be prepared to sit on a plastic stool, using an old milk cart as your table. Are we still in London? I feel like we're a million miles away! 

                  

                  

     

Blog or eat?! Priorities very evident here. 


You'll find them on Golborne Road, just opposite Pizza East. 


I think it's safe to say this is a perfect way to start your weekend. Be patient and definitely go back to have a rummage through everything you just won't have time to rummage through! I will be permanently in London in two weeks and I can't wait. Gonna go blawwwgg crazy. Watch this space. 

           

Happy exploring! 




L. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment