Monday 8 September 2014

magpie

The weeks are racing by and I found myself at another weekend. Having gone for a run in the morning and feeling energised, myself and my little friend went in search of antiques along the Portobello Road. As you are all too well aware, I love Notting Hill and I love a good dose of interior fashion, so when asked if we could go antiquing I leapt at the opportunity. I am a magpie after all. 

The sun was beaming down and the white houses looked glorious in their finery. We battled the crowds and pawed over the flowers before rummaging the treasure. 

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

                   

   

   

If you put me in a field of flowers I'd be a very happy girl. I have always fancied the idea of having a florist shop so once I've made my millions (or there about) I'm setting up shop and living the Englishman's dream. He's a fan of flowers too so that's always nice. He's even learnt which are my favourite; peonies in case there are any secret admirers out there... Wink wink. 

Back on the road we dived in and out of the stalls and shops. I'm after some old prints of maps and flowers for my new pad so I spent a happy time flicking through maps from the 18th Century. They're beautiful and I can't wait to get some up on the walls. I also found some particularly sweet prints of eggs and mushrooms that I thought mum would like in our new kitchen- I'll bring them back for you soon! 

                   

    

We rummaged through old books and hordes of silver cutlery.

   

   

   

   

I spy with my little eye, something ever so shiny. 

   

Row upon row of beautiful paintings. I found plenty of quick oil paintings that I just love. I really can't wait to have a house to furnish. An unlimited budget is required though. If anyone requires an interior consultant then I'm your gal. 

We finished the day off walking the quiet roads of Notting Hill and chatting until the sun went down. 

I don't think I could love weekends anymore. It really is wonderful to have them back again. Hope you had happy ones too. 



L. 



    












No comments:

Post a Comment