Sunday 26 October 2014

hibernation sunday

A sleepy Sunday is simply the best. I haven't had a proper one for a while now as I'm usually pottering around London on errands, diving into coffee shops or exploring hidden treasures with the Yank. But today I found myself with an afternoon to spare. Before parting ways we wrapped up warm and went for a walk around Gladstone Park. What a hidden treasure this is! I didn't think there was a whole lot of things to do in the area however this park provided the perfect start to my lazy Sunday. 


                         

Back in the west and nestled in my little flat I decided there was only one thing that would make this day lazier; fresh brownies, pots of tea and an afternoon hiding under a blanket.

Whipping up a gooey tray bake and filling the flat with delicious smells, this is how my afternoon has unfolded...

                   

                    

May I quickly point out the book? 'A year in Provence' by Peter Mayle came by recommendation of my Yank. It is short and sweet and documents exactly what it says on the tin - a year in Provence. From food and wine, to the tundra winds and redesign of a crumbling barn, this book is like a comforting hug at the end of the day. Pick up your copy and grab a cup of tea. Delicious. 

                    

                    

                    

Wrap up warm mi amigos, we're heading into winter. The perfect excuse for a Sunday hibernation. 




L. 











No comments:

Post a Comment