Tuesday 15 September 2015

from house to home

We have officially moved! I'm not sure I have been this excited for a long time, it's almost embarrassing how much I love homes and interiors and I really feel like I'm living the dream (albeit a very expensive one) furnishing the entirety of our little home. 

Even though we are a very long way off completion, I thought I'd share a few snaps with you. We are saving money on some things and splurging on others. I am making the most of my Joss & Main and Wayfair discount whilst i'm still here (today is my last day!!)and we have exercised our love for Made.com on our dining table. Our living room is taking the longest (it's still empty) but we hope to have a sofa, at least, by Christmas. I can't wait to have our first dinner party!

Our lovely, and mysterious landlady, has neutrally painted and carpeted the flat throughout and we have some original features still. The American is yearning after an Oriental rug for the wooden floorboards in the hallway, whilst I am gunning for a tufted love seat in the sitting room. 

Take a peak...




These babies ^^ were our first purchase and we are very happy with them. I wish we could say they are real, design icons, but instead they are some very good quality, and unbelievably good value, knock-offs from Amazon. I knew I could get a little Scandi-cool in the flat somewhere! 





This is Billy, our fiery chili plant!

Our bedroom has a sweet little window looking out onto our pebbled alleyway so we are planning on getting a window box of lavender or pansies. We have exciting plans for our patio (I can't believe we have outdoor space, too!) but they will have to wait until March time. 





We are off to America tomorrow for a wedding and then spending time with family. I know my man's family avidly read this blog so I hope they enjoy this little glimpse into our new home! 

Here's hoping the weather is beautiful and the wedding a delight. Did I mention The American is actually marrying his friends?! Yes, just like Joey from 'Friends'. So funny and so American. 

Look out for sunny snaps from across the pond on my Instagram and fresh posts on my return at the end of the month.

As mentioned, I am also finishing my time at Joss & Main and have left in suitably Jossy style, with an incredible rainbow cake and vibrant cushion to help feather my nest. I shall miss everyone very much but am incredibly excited for my next adventure!



Wrap up warm, it's very much Autumn now! And good luck to the Wycombe girls on your return back to school. Go get 'em!


L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment