Friday 23 October 2015

oka

Whenever I go home Mum and I always like to spend some girly time together. We usually head further out into the countryside or take a shopping trip to Cheltenham. However this time, we made the short journey to Broadway, my very favourite town in the Cotswolds. 






After stopping off to see the hounds, mum told me there was a shop I would simply love. We ambled up the golden high street and stepped inside a renovated Georgian house at the end of the road. This was OKA; an interior design showroom of the most delicious proportions. I was literally in heaven. 

OKA is the brainchild of Annabel Astor (Sam Cam's mummy), selling everything you need for the home, from faux florals and hand-stitched napkins to carved furniture and woollen blankets. The flagship store is in Broadway and is one of a handful of showrooms spread across the south of the country (Yorkshire is lucky though and has one in Harrogate). 

It's like walking through your dream home, laded with beautiful furnishings in rich colours and highlighted with object d'art and curiosities.





Don't you just want to come home to this?! If I had all the money in the world, I'd straight up buy this showroom. The house itself is beautiful and it's scented throughout with the most heady of aromas. Seeing as The American and I are furnishing our home right now, I went a little snap-happy. Though really, I should drag him away from the big smoke for a weekend and let him see it in person. He's already eyeing up one of the rugs...



I fancy having a dinner party around this stonking great table, you're all invited:



We wandered up the old wooden stairs and peeped into the bedrooms and looked down on the drawing room.







Mum spotted some blown-glass tumblers so we spent the next 20 minutes deciding which patterns we liked best and went with a quirky array in raspberry pink in the end. 




I think it's safe to say mum knows me well (it's her birthday today! Happy birthday Mrs. B!). I adored coming to visit OKA in Broadway and will be back before Christmas.

If you're in London there are showrooms in Chelsea, Notting Hill and Parsons Green. If you live further afield, take a look on their website for more locations. 

Apologies for a rather interior-focused post but I just had to share it with you!

I have a recipe for sloe gin for you this weekend - keep your eyes peeled for the perfect winter warmer.

Happy Friday!



L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment