Thursday 7 January 2016

neal's nurseries

It's that time of year again, the streets are littered with sorry looking Christmas trees and we're dodging showers. January, you never fail to disappoint. 



With a little bit of extra time off this holiday I'm making the most of my additional hours. Today I went to Neal's Nurseries, right in the shadow of Wandsworth Prison. We have the smallest of patios and I'm very much looking forward to getting green fingered and planting tomatoes, climbing roses and maybe some chilies. But my visit today was to find some spring cheer to brighten up our home. 

This morning it bucketed down but once the sun burst through I wrapped up and made the short walk over to the garden centre. And what a beautiful day to go: 








I picked up a single blue hyacinth and some narcissi. I've potted them up and can't wait to see them bloom over the next few weeks. 


I hear snow might be on the way next week so won't be putting anything out on the patio for now. Much like my plants, I'm enjoying staying wrapped up in the flat. Going back to work on Monday is going to be a struggle I fear. 

Until then! 




L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment