Tuesday 31 May 2016

gardening society at john lewis

Over the bank holiday weekend The American and I had some last minute shopping to do before heading off to Rhodes. Our destination was John Lewis on Oxford Street, naturally, and having picked up the swimmers and Greek-appropriate footwear we headed up to the roof top where JL have just launched their new summer attraction, the roof terrace. 


This was such a lovely surprise on a wet and windy bank holiday and I think it might become one of my very favourite summer spots. Nestled high above a bustling Oxford Street is a haven of calm, with beautiful planting, fresh herbs and what one can only assume to be excellent views on a brighter day. 





The garden will also hold host to a number of pop ups throughout the summer season, I shall be heading back from 28th June- 31st July for some of Bob's Lobster and am sure I'll be tempted by some fragrant cocktails, all made using herbs from the garden. If you're feeling extra keen and full of life perhaps the Buddha yoga from 7.30 in the mornings will be your thing? I'd like to think I'd try it but early mornings are not my friend. 





Regardless, this is certainly a place that's worth a visit, even if it's just for the view and a cheeky beverage. 

I'm currently sitting in Gatwick and it's just before 4.30am. Whoever thought early flights were a good idea can think again. 

Until our return! 



L. 

p.s apologies for the format of this post, Blogger is having a headache at this time of day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment