Tuesday 9 May 2017

the quince tree at clifton nurseries

And we suddenly find ourselves on the week of my 25th birthday – the past month has been a blur of werk werk werk werk werk however I have been harbouring tales to share so fear not! I am back aboard the blogging express!

A few weeks back Sophie and I spent Saturday in a floral haven right in the centre of London. With The American busy revising for exams (they are over for now so we can recommence exploring together!) we took the opportunity to soak up the spring sun and enjoy a lunch date. Clifton Nurseries is in the heart of Warwick Avenue and is a superb garden centre with an even better café, perfect for lunch and a good old fashioned gossip.



Whilst waiting for our table to become available (we recommend you book in advance, this is clearly a popular place amongst the W London set!) we roamed the flowers, dipped in the orangery (we have both decided one cannot live without an orangery attached to one’s house) and had a good rustle in the shrubbery. 





I have been to many garden centres (here and here, to name but a few!) but this one is particularly magical. Antique urns, columns and troughs over flow with creeping vines, English blooms and dripping wisteria. We were in heaven. Plus they have a house (or should that be garden?) cat who purrs his way amongst the undergrowth. Heaven! 






Taking our seats we enjoyed a leisurely lunch with ice cold rose, a grilled peach, bacon and endive salad for me and bruschetta with roasted fig and ricotta for Sophie. Plus we couldn’t resist the cakes so opted for tarte tatin and carrot cake which obviously meant coffees were required too. An indulgent morning if I have ever heard of one!



I’m not sure I will ever tire of discovering new places to enjoy with my nearest and dearest nor will I ever tire of spending time with Sophie. 



L.  

No comments:

Post a Comment