Saturday 17 March 2018

sunday at the v&a

With The American revising away for yet more exams, I am enjoying some time with pals. A few weekends ago I enjoyed a lovely last-minute adventure to the Surrey Hills with Lauren and Oli - the weather was perishing and we confronted a very surprising hail storm but we had a super afternoon, finishing off the afternoon with a swift half in the pub before heading back to the smoke. Two Sundays ago was spent with Sophie and a visit to the V&A. 

Despite studying History of Art at university, it's rare that I find myself exploring current exhibitions.. I'm not very good at getting around to it and then inevitably get there after the exhibition has finished. However, this time around Sophie was organised and had booked our tickets to see the opera exhibition in advance. 

We met on the steps of the museum a la Gossip Girl (Sophie's Blair, I'm Serena but with a few less issues..) and greeted each other with  hugs and giggles. 

I'm not sure I knew what to expect from the exhibition however it was brilliant and I really recommend it to those who enjoy music and theatre. It plots the history of the opera across cities, right from its inception in Venice to the present day. I realise that as I write this the exhibition has now finished (see, i told you - i'm terrible with these things!)but here are some snaps highlighting the best bits!






Having taken in the exhibition we found a nice spot for some lunch. Sophie has just moved in with her boyfriend so we spent much time catching up over that and exchanging horror stories about living with a boy. A perfect Sunday to distract us from Monday dread.  





L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment