Sunday 22 March 2020

hello again

Hello again. What a time we find ourselves in. I hope you're all staying safe...in your houses. Please don't be an idiot and go out and about unnecessarily, it's just not worth the risk of spreading Covid-19 around. 

I thought now was the perfect time to restart the blog again, after all, I have infinite time on my hands now. I am still working 9-5 Monday to Friday with my job (my thoughts are with those who have been made redundant because of this but I hope things will pick up for you again soon), and whilst I am not going anywhere or visiting places and people (other than going to get food and walking a safe distance away from the general public), I thought I'd document how I am coping with Ian in our London flat. We're very lucky to have a nice ground-floor flat with a patio, which I will be throwing more energy into than usual. Plus we have lots of art supplies here and I even have my oboe so who knows, perhaps I will start up on that again (sorry neighbors, in advance!). 



I am trying to keep things as normal as possible, especially when it comes to cooking. I have despaired, along with the rest of the country, at the selfishness of those stockpiling and leaving the supermarket shelves bare and empty. However, we have found shopping small and local is best. Our corner shops and green grocers are still delivering as are the butchers. Now has never been a better time to support British farmers, as they alongside our NHS, teachers and other key workers, are what will keep this country running. So, today on the menu I am making a butternut squash, green lentil and chestnut bake which I discovered in the brilliant Waitrose magazine the other month. I'll let you know how it goes! 

Just because you're cooped up in the house doesn't mean you can't make things nice. Lay the table at meal times, buy flowers or pick them from the garden and do that spring clean you've been meaning to do for months!



Keep washing your hands! And buy some good hand cream- I currently look like a washing woman as my knuckles are red and raw, but I'm hoping that will improve with time. 




L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment