Tuesday 7 April 2020

homemade cards & morning walks

Somewhat pleasingly, the weeks are galloping by as usual. I was so worried they'd drag but work has been steady and busy meaning my working week flashes by in a blur of emails and calls. I'm trying to bullet point the week with consistent events, or habits, in order to a) remind me what the day is and b) keep the week moving forward. So, on Wednesdays we have a regular coffee and cake break with our friends Tim and Jo via FaceTime, Fridays is Takeaway Friday (and also Champagne Fridays, because why not) and Saturdays are baking days. In between I am doing home workout videos with Ian which are both hilariously fun and horribly hard. Last week I ended up lying on the kitchen floor whimpering after the 45 minute session. Things can only improve.

We've also been experimenting with what time to go out for our lockdown walk. Our closest park gets very busy during the day and later in the evening so we've decided to go first thing in the morning instead. This morning we'd hit the road by 7am and it was so much better. The parakeets were out in force, dipping and diving amongst the trees and the only other people out were the very keen runners and those walking dogs. We were back in time for cups of tea and breakfast before starting the workday. 


^^ The horse chestnuts near us are just coming into leaf now. Give this another week and the roads should be shaded by a green canopy.


^^ I love this cherry blossom, the flowers look so juicy and delicious to me, especially against the very bright blue sky.

This week I've also been getting back into crafting. As a child I would spend hours painting, drawing and making things. But now, as an adult, I find I have very little creative inspiration in me and rarely find myself getting the paints out, despite having a plentiful supply of them at home. However, this week I did and I decided to paint little Easter cards to send to family and friends. I'm starting small but maybe in a few more weeks I'll have graduated to my school age industrial level of painting and making.



I wonder how long this lock-down will last? However long it may be, I have no doubt I have enough things to keep me occupied with for a while yet. So long as I can carry on walking outside each day. So please, don't flout the rules and ruin it for the rest of us.




L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment