Tuesday 20 October 2020

kew a new favourite place...

Just like old times, Mel and I found ourselves footloose and fancy free on a Thursday so we made last minute plans to visit Kew Gardens. Ian bought me membership for our first wedding anniversary so what better way to spend our day together than outside enjoying the last rays of sunshine, surrounded by nature. Strangely this was my first visit to the floral institute (for someone as obsessed with gardens and flowers as me I find this hard to believe!), and I was completely taken by the grounds. 

We met on the far side by the river and meandered around the quiet grounds catching up on each others news. Mel had a blessed day off from boarding school dramas and was quite glad to have an adult conversation once again (oh how I miss those days, despite the unrelenting tiredness I felt!). In between laughs and a bit of gossip we dipped and dived into the various glass houses. The palm house was sweaty but beautiful, the water lily house like a Monet painting and the temperate house like the balmy forests of a far away land. We both got a bit snap happy and vowed to return again together to explore all the many other ares we didn't even get to. 













Ian has a day off coming up so I think we'll go over and take a walk along the oak-lined avenue before warming up over pots of tea and freshly baked cake. 



L.  

No comments:

Post a Comment