Thursday 14 February 2019

the good egg

Hello there, it's been a while. I've found myself hibernating a little since Christmas. I survived January, which seemed like the longest month ever, spending my time beavering away at work, enjoying barre and yoga classes and eating all the vegetables I could find. It seems, January was a bit of a detox month following the excesses of Christmas.

And now we are half way through February and the ground is getting warmer and the days longer so what better thing to do than start exploring London restaurant's again with Sarah, my long-term food assistant. She needs no persuading when it comes to trying out a new restaurant, we used to do it all the time when we worked together way back in the beginning! 

The Good Egg is not a new restaurant but one we had both not been to. I saw it on Instagram and sent Sarah a picture saying we needed to go and before we knew it we'd booked a table at the Soho joint (there is another one in Finsbury Park, but that is a bit too far away for this SW London-dweller).

With it being Friday night we started with cocktails. I went for The Good Egg's spin on the classic negroni and Sarah opted for the bush fizz. We ordered some garlic-butter flat breads and pumpkin hummus to start before digging into the main event: burnt aubergine, labneh and zoug with tahini on a fluffy pitta bread with fiery pickles and slaw; grilled octopus and fennel with preserved lemon yoghurt also served on fluffy pitta with pickles and slaw. 





A feast for the eyes! 

She's back! 


Evenings like this remind me of London's excitement and whilst I may be constantly looking for that elusive Georgian rectory in the countryside, I know deep down London has my heart for a few more years. Next on my list is Gloria, Lina Stores and Viet Town in Wandsworth.

Must stop thinking of food now, I'm dribbling at my desk...



L.   

No comments:

Post a Comment