Friday 12 April 2019

april showers

Oh dear. It's April and the blog has taken yet another back burner. I really enjoy having this little online creative outlet but I often wonder whether it's worth keeping it going. I started it as a way to keep up with writing whilst working at a girls' boarding school and it has grown with me; moving to London and starting work, visiting restaurants, parks and cities with the occasional recipe thrown in for good measure. With work getting busier and my life settling down (I'm getting married in July and I literally spend most weekends at home, pottering around, cleaning, cooking and organising wedmin), I struggle to find interesting content that you (whoever you are!) would like. Often I think when we move out of London and into the countryside my blog with have a new lease of life, working as a place to document my life in the country. But that is a while off yet so I'm going to try my hardest to write more often than every two months! 

Since my last entry I have enjoyed a trip to Devon with The American, Mum and Dad. A nearly distant memory now, it was a glorious long weekend right on the coast. We walked the coastline, made the most of the hotel spa, read books in the drawing room and dined in style. We've had a few trips home too, usually with a few wedmin tasks to tick off, and have even found the time to enjoy a few things in London. The Dior exhibition at the V&A was sheer heaven. I left googling the price of Dior dresses but swiftly put that to the back of my mind once I'd seen they average about £1,500. A girl can dream. 







The Wine Shop in Balham is now my favourite spot for relaxed drinks having visited twice in the last month; once for a wine tasting with the gang and a second time for a cool bottle of fizz with pals before a spontaneous supper. We have all booked for another wine tasting in May to belatedly celebrate mine and Sam's birthdays. Sarah, Mel and I tried to get to Gloria at the end of March but were told there was a 2 hour wait for a table so we skipped over to Pizza East instead and ordered up a smorgasbord of goodies instead. Sarah and I are trying again at the end of this month. Wish us luck! 

Anyway, I thought I'd share some snaps of my recent potterings, including a recent trip to Sotheby's to see the interiors sale (heaven, I now want a bath tub with striped linen shower curtain. Yes, I know, terribly impractical...). 



Here's hoping I find the time to do and write about some more interesting things before June! I promise to be better. Promise. 


L.  

No comments:

Post a Comment